In line with guidance from the Royal College of Anaesthetists published on 08.03.2022, it is no longer necessary for patients to undertake PCR testing prior to surgery or to self-isolate(1).
- Depending on the procedure that you are having you may be asked to do a lateral flow test and submit the results 2 days prior to your surgery
- We do not supply test kits and advise that you order them from the Government website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/
- If you test positive for COVID-19, your surgery will be re-scheduled
- There is no need to self-isolate after you take your LFT
- Please submit your LFT result via email to email@example.com
Leave a comment